Wednesday, October 22, 2008

September Posts

As a bit of housekeeping, I realize that I forgot to put up any posts during September. First I have some photos from a trip to Kurumba Village, a local resort only thirty minutes from Wellington. Kurumba is a nice, quiet place tucked into the forest and almost makes you forget you're in India.

Left: Enjoying the pool Right: Resort room


Left: Natalie looks uncertain about a traditional Keralan lunch Right: Kurumba monkey

Alex and the Chews enjoy lunch.
Left: More monkey Right: View of the valley from the resort

Another September event was a birthday party/cocktail party hosted at my house for fellow American, Tera Jackson.

Shamim, Vikas, me and Chris

Ki-nam considers his drink options.

Vanessa, me and Hilde

Me, Vikas, Dave and Jeff

The Ladies: Top row-Hilde, Tera and Jazna Bottom row-Shuvra, Vanessa, Min-hee and Lisa

Tera blows out her candles.

Finally, some pictures from hiking to the highest point in the Nilgiris, Dodabetta Peak.

On the trail in the woods.

Group photo at the summit.

View of a tea plantation on the path.

Summit view

No comments: