Friday, December 26, 2008

October Happenings

After the FAT, we all needed some actual relaxation. First up was a trip up to Avalanche, a lake about two hours north near Ooty. I went with my buddy Chris from Singapore and his family. We stayed at a resort/farm called Destiny. Unfortunately, it rained on us most of the time we were there so we weren't really able to take advantage of many of the activities offered. We mostly stayed in by the fire reading and playing Uno.

Chris and I fishing in the rain.

Destiny Farmstay

Dinner with Natalie, Lisa, Gregory, and Chris.

I'm not sure what occasion this was from, but here's a picture of some of the Air Wing officers in their service dress:

Chris (Singapore), Alex (UK), me, and Ki-nam (Korea)

For Halloween, my fellow American officer, Jeff threw a party. It was a costume party, though it seems like most of the foreigners just came in their national dress. Costume shops are in short supply here in Wellington, so most of us made due as best we could. Personally, I threw on a bed sheet at the last minute and called it a lungi.

With Vanessa (Australia) and Hilde (UK).

With Lisa (Singapore) and Min-hee (Korea)

With Ki-nam (Korea), Jose and Gaby (Chile)

With Mohammed (Egypt) and Ali (Oman)

Jeff shows Michael (Zambia) some American dance moves.


No comments: