Thursday, March 12, 2009

March Happenings

As March rolled around, it had been many weeks since our last Happy Hour. Since Texas Independence Day was on March 2nd, I offered up my place to host a mid-exercise Happy Hour. It was also a great chance to expose my foreign friends to some Texas culture. Unfortunately, my access to Shiner Bock and Tex-Mex was a bit limited; so we settled for cold Kingfisher and some good Texas tunes on my iPod.

Jazna, Hilde and Lisa discuss world politics.

Jose demonstrates the power of his new iPhone knock-off.

Posing with the ladies of the party.

The fellas...


The following week was the celebration of Holi. Holi is a Hindu festival of color which marks the coming of spring. The festival is traditionally celebrated by walking from house to house and bombarding everyone you meet with water and colored powder. It makes for a fine mess and pretty good fun. I spent the day hanging out with my friends, and the evening trying to scrub the powder out of my body's every nook and cranny.

Dave, Karthik, Ali and Shamim have drinks.

Enjoying the sun and a nice layer of tikka powder.

Steve, Lanka, Ali, Shamim, Alex, Jeff, Dave and I show off our colors.


At the end of the fifth term, all of the foreign officers got together in their best uniforms to take a picture. These guys really did make the year tolerable, and now I have friends to visit all over the world.

All of the foreign students.
Air Wing foreign students: Riva (Indonesia), Michael (Zambia), Ki-Nam (Korea), Celestine (Nigeria), Lanka (Sri Lanka), me, Alex (UK), Chris (Singapore) and Shamim (Bangladesh)

No comments: